Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Lousy Week

This week hasn't been a good one especially when you have a small kid who is sick.
Jervis was having fever on off starting this week and after taking fever medicine he is well but his fever comes back again and again. Don't feel right about it and brought him to the PD on a Wednesday night and he was diagnose with a slight ear infection.
We went to the pharmacy to get the medication and went home, fed him his medicine and gave him milk and coax him to sleep. He wasn't sleeping well that night, waking up crying and wanted to sleep with me. I gave in coz whenever he doesn't feel well I do let him sleep with me.
After 2 days of antibiotic and ear drops he doesn't really get any better and was rather cranky everyday. I think he could be feeling uncomfortable with the ear infection. His appetite also drops and I had a hard time feeding him. But one thing is he is still as active as before and doesn't seems unwell except for the crankiness and crying and screaming.
However on Thursday, when I bathed him i discovered some little red spots on his back and suspected was some rashes reaction. First came to my mind was the antibiotics he took as I had not given him anything new in terms of food or products.
Decided to monitor for a day to see if the rashes improve or not.
Yesterday morning, checked on him and the rashes seems to be spreading and brought him to the Urgent Care to see a PD and told her what had happened and they suspected he could be allergy to the medicine since nothing new was introduce to him. His ear's still a little redness and he was given a new antibiotics.
As usual he was very very cranky and I think could be due to his rashes and ear that caused him to behave this way. Find many times he kept poking his right ear and seemed irritated by it.
Last night we had a hard time too. He woke up numerous of times crying and refusing to sleep. I told myself he could be feeling unwell but I was already so tired that I carried him to Daddy and went back sleep as this whole week I hasn't been sleeping well at all.
However Daddy coax him he still cried on off but at least I had a short 2 hours rest before Daddy put him back to his crib.
Jervis cried as usual and I made milk for him and asked Daddy to go back for his sleep as I know he is also very tired.
I managed to coax him to sleep at about 6am this morning.
Hope Jervis gets better real soon as I feel heart pain when I see him suffering and not sleeping well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

By :
Free Blog Templates